Admission Requirements Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences online
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended. Official transcripts are sent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program
Applicants for the BAAS program must meet one of the three requirements below. However, if the applicant does not meet requirement number 1, then they must meet the university's standard freshman requirements for admission.
- Have earned previous college credit hours with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for all previous work completed in higher education OR
- Be a high school graduate of at least 5 years OR
- Be an active or retired service member with 3 or more years of military service
Freshman Requirements for Admission
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school class or achieve a minimum composite score on the SAT or ACT
Applicants are responsible for assembling and submitting the official documents that will verify the above criteria are met, including sealed transcripts from all previous colleges and/or universities attended.
Note to active or retired military personnel: Credit may be granted for military experience. Credit will be evaluated based upon the evaluation recommendations outlined in the American Council on Education (ACE) Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services manual. Applicants must submit one of the following documents: Form DD214, Form DD256 or proof of Active Military Service.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
P.O. Box 10017
Beaumont, Texas 77710