Admission Requirements Bachelor of Business Administration in Management online
All applicants must complete an application packet, consisting of:
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- Official transcripts from all schools (high school and college) attended. Official transcripts are sent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program.
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen - even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school class or achieve a minimum composite score on the SAT or ACT
Students transferring from other Lamar University programs into a College of Business program must have a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average (GPA) and, if applicable, a minimum 2.0 GPA in business courses.
Students transferring from other colleges or universities into a College of Business program must:
- Have an official copy of all college and/or university transcripts on file by application deadline.
- Be eligible to re-enter all colleges and/or universities previously attended.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for all work attempted.
- Students who transfer fewer than 18 hours must also submit and meet the entrance credentials and requirements of a first-time-in-college student.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710