Admission Requirements Bachelor of General Studies online
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended. Official transcripts are sent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen—even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Graduate in the top 10 percent of their high school class or achieve a minimum composite score on the SAT or ACT
Applicants for the BGS program must meet the university's standard requirements for admission.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
Office of Admissions
PO Box 10009
Beaumont, TX 77710