Admission Requirements Master of Science in Criminal Justice online
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in criminal justice, criminology, sociology or the equivalent. Students with undergraduate degrees in other field but with substantial work experience in criminal/juvenile justice may be admitted with special approval. Those without substantial work experience and with undergraduate degrees in other field may be admitted after taking specified undergraduate courses.
- GPA Requirements:
- Those with a GPA of 3.00 or higher on their last 60 Undergraduate hours will be admitted unconditionally.
- Those with a GPA of 2.50-2.99 on their last 60 Undergraduate hours will be admitted provisionally and must maintain minimum grades of "B" in nine hours of CRIJ courses.
- Those with a GPA of 2.49 or below on their last 60 Undergraduate hours must meet Lamar University's Graduate admissions formula with the GRE and GPA:
- Undergraduate GPA (or last 60 hours, whichever is higher) x 50 + GRE Verbal + GRE quantitative =/or greater than 428.
- Satisfactory completion of at least one statistics course and one social science research course.
Applicants who do not meet all admission requirements may enter as Pre Graduate, pending full admission to the program. Under Pre Graduate status, the student must make up all deficiencies and earn at least a "B" average. No more than 6 hours of graduate credit may be earned prior to full admission.
Students may transfer in up to 6 hours of approved courses for this degree.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710