Admission Requirements Program Certificate in Counseling and Development online
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- A 48-hour master's degree in Counseling from Lamar University*
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent from the sending institution.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence in the U.S.
- A 3.0 GPA, overall or for the last 60 semester hours. Students who do not meet the GPA requirement will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Note: this program is intended to provide additional coursework for counselors interested in pursuing licensure. Students must check their individual state licensure laws to insure that the courses meet the academic requirements.
We reserve the right to review individual applicant qualifications for admission. Final determinations for admission are based upon a number of criteria. We reserve the right to refuse student entrance or terminate a student after admission to a program if, in the judgment of the faculty, the student demonstrates unacceptable professional fitness to practice in their particular field of study with children Youth and/or adults.
*Effective Fall 2017 The Certificate in Counseling and Development Program is offered only to Lamar University candidates who have completed a 48-hour Degree Program at Lamar University. Candidates with a degree from other university should seek leveling coursework from their former university. This change is due to new licensure rules in Texas and other states.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710