Admission Requirements Program Certificate in Principal Education online
- Complete online application and pay a one-time application fee of $25.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended*
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Official transcripts are sealed transcripts sent from the sending institution.
Applicants for Principal Certification must meet the following criteria:
- Master's Degree
In addition to University admission requirements, the Department of Educational Administration requires the following for admission to the department program. These requirements will be solicited from you at the time your Apply Texas application is uploaded to the Lamar University data system. You can determine right now if your place of employment is approved by TEA.
- Valid teaching certificate** This does not include a probationary or permit issued certificate.
- Two years teaching experience
- Employed on a TEA-approved public or private school campus.*** To determine if your school is TEA approved, please use the following links: public school or private school.
- Personal essay
- Reference from your principal
**Please note that out of state students may not be required to meet this criteria.
*** Not applicable to out of state students unless taking the TExES Principal Exam.
Out of state students should check with their state department of education to determine if there are specific state requirements needed.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
P.O. Box 10017
Beaumont, Texas 77710