The MBA in Port Management at Lamar University is specifically designed to equip you to procure management positions in a growing industry. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the freight transportation industry to grow 9.5% between 2016 and 2026, so this degree can give you the edge in port and marine terminal operations management.
The MBA in Port Management online program offers management skills critical to meeting the challenges of port management logistics and planning, as well as ensuring that marine terminals operate safely and efficiently. The curriculum utilizes port management case studies to facilitate your ability to make strategic and factual decisions.
Along with core MBA coursework, industry-relevant courses cover all aspects of port and marine terminal management. You will also study emerging technologies, processes and procedures in marine terminal operations, with insights into growing your network and accelerating your career path in the field.
Lamar University's College of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International). Due in large part to Lamar University's commitment to quality and nationally recognized faculty, the Lamar University MBA has been ranked a Top 10 MBA in Texas, and The Princeton Review ranked Lamar University's College of Business one of the Top 294 Business Schools in the nation. Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranked Lamar University 81 in its "Global 100" list for 2011-2012.
- 100% online courses allow you to study and attend lectures around your busy schedule with an accelerated 8-week course format that allows you to graduate faster than in a traditional campus-based program. MBA students with an undergraduate business degree can earn their MBA in as few as 16 months.
- Same nationally recognized faculty who teach on campus
- Lamar University is a recognized leader in online education, providing students with opportunities to grow their careers through high-quality, affordable online degree programs
- Lamar University's College of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International)—the international gold standard for business school accreditation
- MBA in Construction Project Management online
- MBA in Criminal Justice Management online
- MBA in Enterprise Resource Planning online
- MBA in Healthcare Administration online
- MBA in Management online
- MBA in Marketing online
*Price does not include leveling courses (if required). Distance learning fee is included in the tuition listed.