We are Affordable.
- Lamar University’s M.Ed. in Educational Technology Leadership is ranked No. 5 “Best Affordable Online Master’s in Educational Technology” and No. 12 “Best Affordable Master’s in Education Online”
- Lamar University ranked No. 3 in “2015 Rankings of Most Affordable Online Graduate Schools for Master’s Degrees”
—College Choice, an independent college search and rankings website
- Lamar University ranked No. 6 in the nation for the least amount of student debt upon graduation
—U.S. News & World Report, 2012
- Lamar University is ranked No. 8 nationally in the “50 Most Affordable Online Master’s Degree Programs for 2015”
—Best Master’s Programs website
- Lamar University’s online education degrees have been recognized as “Best Buys” nationally
- Lamar University’s M.Ed. in Special Education is ranked No. 5 Best Affordable Master’s in Education Online
- Lamar University’s M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership is ranked No. 6 Best Affordable Master’s in Educational Leadership online
We are Among the Best.
- Lamar University online programs are recognized as among the best in the nation
—U.S. News & World Report Best Online Programs rankings
- Lamar University is one of 29 universities in the nation designated a Doctoral Research University by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Lamar is in the Top 25% of schools nationwide for the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs and Best Online Graduate Education Program
We are Diverse.
- Lamar University has been dubbed one of the most ethnically and economically diverse universities in the nation
—U.S. News & World Report
- Lamar University is ranked No. 1 in the nation for Hispanics graduating with master’s degrees in education
—Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, 2015
- Students from 58 countries around the world attend Lamar University
- Lamar University is one of the top universities in Texas for the percentage of degrees conferred to African Americans
We Support our Students and Military.
- Lamar University was named a 2015 Military Friendly® School for going above and beyond to provide transitioning veterans the best possible experience in higher education.
—G.I. Jobs, 2015
- Lamar University was ranked in the top 10 percent of universities in the nation on the new Social Mobility Index that ranks schools that do the best job helping disadvantaged students graduate and start their careers.
We are the Choice of Educators.
- Lamar University’s Educator Preparation Program (EPP) is accredited by the State Board of Educator Certification and routinely has a 96% summary pass rate for all certification tests
- Go Grad (an online guide to graduate programs) recognized Lamar University as having the top-ranked online counseling degrees in the nation (M.Ed. in School Counseling and M.Ed. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling)
- Go Grad ranked Lamar University No. 1 in their Top Online Master’s in Counseling 2015 rankings
- 96% of graduates would recommend Lamar University to a friend