Lamar University: Outstanding Military Educational Opportunities
At Lamar University, we believe our military servicemembers, veterans and their family members deserve the opportunity to earn a respected bachelor’s or master’s degree that builds on their experience and prepares them for the next step in their careers and their lives.
Study at a respected university
- Accepts non-traditional credits earned by service for military training, CLEP and other regionally accredited courses recommended by the American Council of Education (ACE)
- Regional accreditation and part of the Texas State University System
- Application fee waived for Active Duty military members
- Approved for Montgomery GI Bill and Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Approved for Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Tuition Assistance (TA) programs
- We understand you don’t control your schedule and deployments may temporarily halt your study
The highest quality online degree programs
- Flexible starts
- New student coordinators ensure successful transition to online learning
- Personalized academic support through graduation
- Innovative and engaging online learning system
- Anytime, anywhere course access
Degree programs to accelerate your military or civilian career
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice – You probably already have a significant amount of military credits towards a criminal justice degree, so this is a great next step for your career. $208 per credit hour combined with credits from your military transcript creates a tremendous education opportunity.
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences – An outstanding degree completion program that will take your military transcript and create an efficient roadmap to finish your degree. Designed for those with 45 hours of college credit. At $208 per credit hour, this is an incredible value. Course Assortment:
- Criminal Justice
- International Studies
- Web Applications and Gaming
- English and Literary Studies
- Child Development
- Creative Arts
- Bachelor in General Studies – If you have less than 45 credit hours, this degree program will provide an outstanding opportunity to earn your bachelor’s degree. We have the same concentrations as the BAAS degree and the cost is $248 per credit hour.
- Master of Education – Being an instructor is a part of being a military leader. If your passion lies in teaching, take the next step with a master’s in education.
- Master of Criminal Justice
- RN to BSN
- BBA Management, BBA General Business, and BBA Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies
Call our enrollment specialists today at 409-880-7796 so that we can start your transcript review and help you make the most of your educational experience.
Whether you are looking to complete your bachelor degree or advance your teaching career, Lamar University’s online degree programs are a great fit for military spouses. With convenient monthly starts, ability to work offline or online and high-quality, engaging content and the support you need, you will reach your education goals.
With MyCAA no longer paying for bachelor or master’s degrees, your spouse can transfer Post 9/11 GI Bill Education Benefits to you to pay for your schooling.
We know that navigating the VA education benefit process may be difficult, but we have the expertise that can help. If you don’t want to use the GI Bill for your education, we have compiled a full list of scholarships and financial aid for military spouses. Find out more by calling our enrollment specialists at 866-223-7675.
Military and Veterans Affairs Office
Norma Cumbaa, Veterans Military Advisor
Email: [email protected]