The MPA program is designed for working professionals and allows you to decide when and where to attend online courses. This 100% online MPA program gives you the critical-thinking and decision-making skills you need to serve as a confident, competent leader for the public.
As a graduate of this MPA program, you will gain:
- An extensive understanding of public affairs, policy development and economic analysis and how they apply to public service
- Social and political aspects associated with disaster policy and planning budgeting and financial management skills
- A general overview of organizational law and stages of the policy process
- Intel and training on how to keep a hazard from turning into a disaster and the impact human settlement patterns, land-use decisions, and risky technology can have on vulnerable populations
- The ability to assess and analyze the extent to which ethical and moral values are embedded in our democratic system
The degree’s 36 credit hours of coursework emphasize state policy, constitutional law, ethics and morality in public administration, as well as the leadership methods, strategy and administrative politics necessary to bring about change in high-performance organizations. Also examined: major theoretical and practical approaches central to managing public sector organizations, problems in government, political science, and an in-depth analysis of the U.S. Constitution.
- 100% online courses give you the flexibility to study and attend lectures around your busy schedule
- An accelerated, 8-week course format allows you to graduate faster than in a traditional campus-based program
- MPA students can earn their degree in as few as 16 months
- Same nationally recognized faculty who teach on campus
- Lamar University is a recognized leader in online education, providing you with the opportunities to grow your career through high quality, affordable online degree programs
Distance learning fee is included in the tuition listed.