This online program certificate is designed for teachers with three years of experience. In this program you will gain the specialized knowledge you need to apply research, methods
and recommended practices for the effective assessment and instruction of learners with special needs in diverse school and community settings.
The following is the tuition breakdown for students pursuing Program Certificate in Educational Diagnostician. Our tuition is affordable, and can be paid by the course.
Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice due to action by the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature.
Total program cost depends upon transfer hours and program advisement relevant to program requirements. For more information, contact a Lamar University enrollment specialist.
Ready to get started on your degree program online but need help finding ways to fund your education? We can help you discover student financing sources that include grants, loans and other payment options. Learn more about financial aid here.
Our Program Certificate in Educational Diagnostician online program features multiple start dates to accommodate your busy schedule. Find the start date that works best for you and apply before the application deadline associated with it.
Upcoming Start Dates:
|5 week courses||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
The Program Certificate in Educational Diagnostician online program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
Submit your application and one-time $25 application fee online.
Submit documentation of your valid, state-issued teaching certificate.
Minimum 2.5 Undergraduate GPA
Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 in the institutional bachelor's will not be admitted.
University Admission Requirements
- Online Application & Fee: University requirements will be assessed by the online application through ApplyTexas.org. There is a one-time application fee of $25.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended*
- Master's Degree: A master’s degree is required from any of the following disciplines which require initial teacher certification in any academic area/discipline; For example, Special Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Early Childhood Education, Teacher Counselor, Educational Administration
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or higher. Applicants with a GPA below 2.5 in the institutional bachelor's degree will not be admitted.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Waivers of any experience or certification requirements will be initiated by Lamar University Admissions staff as necessary in instances where they may not apply, such as applications from states that do not require certification for licensure.
Department of Teacher Education Admission Requirements
In addition to University admission requirements, the Department of Teacher Education requires the following for admission to the department program. Instructions for the department application and reference will be e-mailed to you after your ApplyTexas application is processed. Instructions for submitting the other documents will be e-mailed separately if you are accepted to the program:
- Department Application with essay response
- Teaching Certificate: Must have a valid state-issued teaching certificate upon enrolling in the program
- Teaching Experience: Must have 3 years
- Employment: Employed on a Texas Education Agency approved public or private school campus.*** To determine if your school is Texas Education Agency approved, please use the following links: public school or private school
- Professional reference from your principal
- Mentor: Mentor needs to be an Educational Diagnostician or Special Education Director with access to an educational diagnostician test kit.
**Please note that out of state students may not be required to meet this criteria.
***Not applicable to out-of-state students unless taking the TExES Principal Exam.
Send all required documents to:Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710
Submit electronically to [email protected]
*All applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to the Admissions Office. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Lamar University Office of Admissions will no longer require college community college transcripts for graduate applicants. Official transcripts from all other institutions will be required. However, if a department or program wishes to review a community college transcript for decision purposes, the department or program may directly request the applicant to submit the official community college transcript(s) to the Office of Admissions for processing.
We reserve the right to review individual applicant qualifications for admission. Final determinations for admission are based upon a number of criteria. We reserve the right to refuse student entrance or terminate a student after admission to a program if, in the judgment of the faculty, the student demonstrates unacceptable professional fitness to practice in their particular field of study with children, youth, and/or adults.
Through 21 hours of coursework, including a practicum, this post-graduate level certificate program meets the course requirements to become an Educational Diagnostician certified by the Texas State Board of Educator Certification (SBEC).
Through 21 hours of coursework, including a capstone internship experience, you will become prepared for state principal certification. Courses are offered on a rotational basis and not every course is offered in each session. EDLD 5311 and EDLD 5398 are offered each session.
*Price includes distance learning fee.
Or call 866-223-7675
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Lamar University (LU) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend LU or to purchase any other goods or services.
Ready to Get Started?
Begin your application today!