Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development Online
Convert your love of gaming into a lucrative career with the 100% online Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development from Lamar University.
Level up with our B.S. in Computer Game Development online program
Think you could build a better game than the one you’re playing? Deepen your passion for programming with an online bachelor’s degree in computer game development from Lamar University. Our 100% online format enables you to advance in a massive and accelerating gaming industry.This degree program focuses on game programming and development including simulations and serious games for realistic hands-on training and skills practice in addition to creating the recreational gaming that dominates the global market. In it you'll create a 3D animated game using all of the knowledge you have learned throughout the program. Apply now and advance your career in a field you already know and love.
In this program, you will learn to:
- Create interactive graphics applications leveraging C++ and a range of APIs
- Construct textured 3D models and develop animation sequences
- Combine animation sequences using real-time blending techniques
- Develop programs with interactive audio and graphics applications
- Create a new interactive game encompassing core components including animation, appropriate game mechanics, audio, and 3D models
- Video Game Programmer
- Multimedia Programmer
- Graphical Interface Programmer
- User Experience Designer (UX)
- AI Programmer
Lamar University offers a variety of specialized bachelor’s program options. Check out our other online undergraduate programs.
Take advantage of our high-value, low-cost tuition
The following is the tuition breakdown for students pursuing Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development. Our tuition is affordable, and can be paid by the course.
Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice due to action by the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature.
Total program cost depends upon transfer hours and program advisement relevant to program requirements. For more information, contact a Lamar University enrollment specialist.
Ready to get started on your degree program online but need help finding ways to fund your education? We can help you discover student financing sources that include grants, loans and other payment options. Learn more about financial aid here.
Gameplan for your future career
Our Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development online program features multiple start dates to accommodate your busy schedule. Find the start date that works best for you and apply before the application deadline associated with it.
Upcoming Start Dates:
|8 week courses||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
Check out our admission requirements and follow your new path
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development online program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
Submit your application and one-time $25 application fee online.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
All applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to the Admissions Office. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Send transcripts to: Lamar University Online Admissions, P.O. Box 10017, Beaumont, Texas 77710
Check to see if the program is offered to residents in your state before applying by clicking here.
All applicants must complete an application packet, consisting of:
- Complete online application and pay an application fee of $25
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools, colleges and universities you have attended
- All transcripts are required regardless of accreditation. Only regionally accredited institutions will be eligible for transfer credit.
- Be eligible to re-enter all colleges and/or universities previously attended
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen – even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Meet the test-optional admission criteria or achieve a minimum composite score on the ACT or SAT through the secondary review criteria. (Click here for criteria)
Send all required documents to:
Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710
Submit electronically to [email protected]
Explore the courses for our B.S. in Computer Game Development
To earn your Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Development, you need to complete 120 credit hours of coursework. The program includes 42 credit hours of general education courses, 53 credit hours of core courses, 24 hours of major courses, and 4 hours of elective courses.
Students can finish faster by transferring previously earned credit hours. Transfer credit hours will be evaluated during the admission process.
Communication - 3 Hours
Mathematics - 3 Hours
Life and Physical Sciences - 6 Hours
Language, Philosophy and Culture - 3 Hours
American History - 6 Hours
Government/Political Science - 6 Hours
Social/Behavioral Sciences - 3 Hours
Component Area Options - 6 Hours
*Price includes distance learning fee.
Or call 866-223-7675
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Lamar University (LU) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend LU or to purchase any other goods or services.
Ready to Get Started?
Begin your application today!