Bachelor of Science in Sociology Online
Gain a scientifically based understanding of social life, social change, and the causes and consequences of human behavior within a broadly based liberal arts education.
The Bachelor of Science in Sociology online degree program offers an exploration of the structures, forms and dynamics of human interaction. Emphasizing research methods, you will test hypotheses, conduct analyses and evaluate information. By critically exploring social and cultural issues and trends using empirical research, you will become skilled at evaluating societal needs and how those needs might inform public policy.
By studying topics ranging from mob rule to intimate family dynamics, as well as issues of diversity, religion, education and culture, you will be prepared for a wide range of career paths. Sociology majors often go on to establish rewarding careers in variety of professions including law, business administration, health, politics, urban planning, city government, counseling and human resources, advertising and marketing, public relations and the media, criminal justice, education, and the nonprofit sector.
The following is the tuition breakdown for students pursuing Bachelor of Science in Sociology. Our tuition is affordable, and can be paid by the course.
Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice due to action by the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature.
Total program cost depends upon transfer hours and program advisement relevant to program requirements. For more information, contact a Lamar University enrollment specialist.
Ready to get started on your degree program online but need help finding ways to fund your education? We can help you discover student financing sources that include grants, loans and other payment options. Learn more about financial aid here.
Our Bachelor of Science in Sociology online program features multiple start dates to accommodate your busy schedule. Find the start date that works best for you and apply before the application deadline associated with it.
Upcoming Start Dates:
|8 week courses||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
The Bachelor of Science in Sociology online program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
Submit your application and one-time $25 application fee online.
Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended.
* All applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to the Admissions Office. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Send transcripts to: Lamar University, P.O. Box 10017, Beaumont, Texas 77710
Check to see if the program is offered to residents in your state before applying by clicking here.
- Complete online application and pay an application fee of $25
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities you have attended
- All transcripts are required regardless of accreditation. Only regionally accredited institutions will be eligible for transfer credit.
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen, even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Meet the test-optional admission criteria, or achieve a minimum composite score on the ACT or SAT through the secondary review criteria. (Click here for criteria)
Applicants for the BS in Sociology program must meet the university's standard requirements for admission.
Send all required documents to:
Lamar University Online Admissions
Office of Admissions
PO Box 10009
Beaumont, TX 77710
Submit electronically to [email protected]
The Bachelor of Science in Sociology program gives you a solid foundation in sociological theory, research methods, data analysis skills, and sufficient knowledge in the fields of criminology, gender, culture, social movement, social psychology, marriage and family, and education. You will gain training and skills for the workforce or advanced studies upon graduation.
*Price includes distance learning fee.
Or call 866-223-7675
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Lamar University (LU) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend LU or to purchase any other goods or services.
Ready to Get Started?
Begin your application today!