Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics Online
Develop an in-demand combination of technical computer skills and business analytics methods in this flexible online program.
Discover our 100% online BBA in MIS – Business Analytics program
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics online program from Lamar University is designed to give you the necessary data and analytical skills you need to advance your career. Gain a competitive edge as you learn how to analyze, design, develop and maintain information systems that support organizational functions, along with how to work with large amounts of data to provide valuable insights and solve business problems.
Taught by experienced faculty, this unique BBA in MIS from LU online provides a hands-on approach to working with computer applications such as Oracle and SAS® as well as writing Python™ code and SQL statements. You will also develop skills using popular data visualization and reporting programs including Tableau, SAP and advanced Excel. Graduate prepared for success in a variety of industries as demand grows for more qualified MIS professionals who also possess a solid foundation in business analytics.
In this online program, you will learn:
- Proficiency within the basic business disciplines, including quantitative methods and technological applications as well as global perspectives in business
- Leadership skills in team-based performance situations such as planning, cooperation, group problem-solving and consensus-building
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to incorporate ethical considerations in decision-making
- Effective verbal and written communication that is professional, persuasive, clear and concise
- Awareness of social responsibility by experiencing service to business and the community
- Computer systems analysis
- Financial analysis
- Network systems administration
- Computer support
Lamar University offers a variety of specialized bachelor’s program options. Check out our other online undergraduate programs.
Ranked among The Princeton Review’s 300 Best Business Schools, the Lamar University College of Business offers you access to a powerful business school alumni network and a business education backed by AACSB International accreditation – the gold standard of quality in business education worldwide.
Choosing our online business program is cost effective
The following is the tuition breakdown for students pursuing Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics. Our tuition is affordable, and can be paid by the course.
Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice due to action by the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature.
Total program cost depends upon transfer hours and program advisement relevant to program requirements. For more information, contact a Lamar University enrollment specialist .
Ready to get started on your degree program online but need help finding ways to fund your education? We can help you discover student financing sources that include grants, loans and other payment options. Learn more about financial aid here.
Why We Give You a Degree You Can Brag About
Our course schedule is designed for flexibility
Our Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics online program features multiple start dates to accommodate your busy schedule. Find the start date that works best for you and apply before the application deadline associated with it.
Upcoming Start Dates:
|8 week courses||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
Find your fit in our online management information systems and business analytics program
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics online program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
Submit your application and one-time $25 application fee online.
Submit transcripts from all colleges/universities you have attended.
All applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to the Admissions Office. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Send transcripts to: Lamar University Online Admissions, P.O. Box 10017, Beaumont, Texas 77710
Check to see if the program is offered to residents in your state before applying by clicking here.
University Admission Requirements
All applicants must complete an application packet, consisting of:
- Complete online application and pay an application fee of $25
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools, colleges and universities you have attended
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen – even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Meet the test-optional admission criteria, or achieve a minimum composite score on the ACT or SAT through the secondary review criteria. (Click here for criteria)
Students transferring from other Lamar University programs into a College of Business program must have a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average (GPA) and, if applicable, a minimum 2.0 GPA in business courses.
Students transferring from other colleges or universities into a College of Business program must:
- Have an official copy of all college and/or university transcripts on file by application deadline
- Be eligible to re-enter all colleges and/or universities previously attended
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for all work attempted
- Students who transfer fewer than 18 hours must also submit and meet the entrance credentials and requirements of a first-time college student
Send all required documents to:
Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710
Submit electronically to [email protected]
Take a look at the online BBA classes
Students registering for business courses in the Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems with a concentration in Business Analytics online degree program must meet all course prerequisites, including the implicit prerequisite indicated by the course level. The chair of the department offering the course must approve any exceptions. To enroll in 3000- and 4000-level courses, you must have completed 60 hours of coursework.
Students will work with their advisor to complete 24 credit hours of the below.
*120 credit hours: 42 core curriculum, 27 lower-level electives, 45 advanced electives.
**Price includes distance learning fee.
Or call 866-223-7675
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Lamar University (LU) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend LU or to purchase any other goods or services.
Ready to Get Started?
Begin your application today!