Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies Online
This online degree program integrates important aspects of communication theory and practice. You'll build skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking and media writing. Career options include advertising, sales, corporate communications, film, broadcasting and journalism.
The Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies online degree program from LU integrates communication theory with practical application. Students are able to develop a portfolio of skills and abilities valuable to any employer: critical-thinking, problem-solving, effective listening, trend awareness, persuasion, and effective written communication. These skills encompass a range of corporate communication functions essential to Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, celebrity brands and higher education settings alike.
This flexible, affordable online bachelor's degree program gives you:
- An overview and historical perspective of the major communication methodologies, theories and career options
- An understanding of the impact of electronic communication media on the emerging global culture
- Opportunities to explore several communication conventions in many spheres, including business, public relations, politics, pop culture and advertising
- Public relations
- Marketing or advertising
- Content writing
- Labor relations
The following is the tuition breakdown for students pursuing Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies. Our tuition is affordable, and can be paid by the course.
Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice due to action by the Board of Regents or the Texas State Legislature.
Total program cost depends upon transfer hours and program advisement relevant to program requirements. For more information, contact a Lamar University enrollment specialist.
Ready to get started on your degree program online but need help finding ways to fund your education? We can help you discover student financing sources that include grants, loans and other payment options. Learn more about financial aid here.
Our Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies online program features multiple start dates to accommodate your busy schedule. Find the start date that works best for you and apply before the application deadline associated with it.
Upcoming Start Dates:
|8 week courses||Program Start Date||Application Deadline||Document Deadline||Payment Due||Last Class Day|
The Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies online program has specific requirements that applicants must meet to enroll. Please read the admission guidelines to ensure you qualify.
Submit your application and one-time $25 application fee online.
Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
* All applicants must submit official, sealed transcripts from each institution attended to the Admissions Office. All degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution. Send transcripts to: Lamar University Online Admissions, P.O. Box 10017, Beaumont, Texas 77710
Check to see if the program is offered to residents in your state before applying by clicking here.
All applicants must complete an application packet, consisting of:
- Complete online application and pay an application fee of $25.
- Submit official transcripts from all high schools, colleges, and universities you have attended.
- All transcripts are required regardless of accreditation. Only regionally accredited institutions will be eligible for transfer credit.
- Verify specific requirements associated with chosen degree program.
High school graduates who have not attended college before are considered entering freshmen – even if they received college credit while in high school through dual credit, AP or IB programs. Transfer students with fewer than 18 hours of college credit also must meet admission requirements for entering freshmen.
Incoming freshmen must do three things to qualify for unconditional admission to Lamar University:
- Receive a diploma from an accredited high school
- Complete at least 14 high school credits in college preparatory courses: 4 credits in English, 3 credits in mathematics, 2 credits in laboratory sciences, 2.5 credits in social sciences (U.S. history, U.S. government, and world history or world geography) and 2.5 credits in college preparatory electives (preferably including 2 credits of foreign language)
- Meet the test-optional admission criteria, or achieve a minimum composite score on the ACT or SAT through the secondary review criteria. (Click here for criteria)
Students transferring from other Lamar University programs into a College of Business program must have a minimum overall 2.0 grade point average (GPA) and, if applicable, a minimum 2.0 GPA in business courses.
Students transferring from other colleges or universities into a College of Business program must:
- Have an official copy of all college and/or university transcripts on file by application deadline.
- Be eligible to re-enter all colleges and/or universities previously attended.
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale for all work attempted.
- Students who transfer fewer than 18 hours must also submit and meet the entrance credentials and requirements of a first-time-in-college student.
Send all required documents to:
Lamar University Online Admissions
PO Box 10017
Beaumont, TX 77710
Submit electronically to [email protected]
The Bachelor of Science in Communication with a concentration in Communication Studies online program gives you the opportunity to explore several communication conventions in many spheres, including business, politics, pop culture and advertising.
*Price includes distance learning fee.
Or call 866-223-7675
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that Lamar University (LU) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology or a pre-recorded message at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend LU or to purchase any other goods or services.
Ready to Get Started?
Begin your application today!